FAMIS MOMS Coverage is Back!
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014
The FAMIS MOMS program was reinstated on December 1! This program provides health coverage for pregnant women. You may be eligible if you:
- Are a resident of Virginia
- Are currently pregnant or within the sixty-day period after your pregnancy ends
- Do not have access to a state employee health plan
- Are a U.S. citizen or a legally-residing immigrant
- Meet family income guidelines
Some special features to remember (and this also applies to Medicaid for pregnant women):
- FAMIS Moms covers all regular Medicaid services (not just pregnancy-related services)
- No premiums or co-payments apply
- Coverage for the woman continues for 2 months following the month the pregnancy ends
- Once income eligible, she stays eligible through the 60-days post-partum period, even if her income changes
- The newborn is automatically enrolled in FAMIS/Medicaid for the first year
We want to make sure these pregnant women get covered in the FAMIS MOMS program! If you or someone you know might qualify for FAMIS MOMS, answer the questions on the Screening Tool on the Am I Eligible? page of Cover Virginia and follow the instructions provided.