COVID-19 Civil Legal Response in Virginia
Virginia Poverty Law Center’s physical office is closed except for those who have made an appointment with a VPLC staff member. VPLC also operates several free helplines for clients seeking legal advice. See below for important information around these helplines as well as other resources.
PLEASE NOTE: Every individual who needs a COVID-19 vaccine or booster can get one, regardless of immigration status or whether they have insurance. More information can be found here: English, Español.
Visit Enroll Virginia! for the latest information on affordable health coverage in Virginia.
- Public Charge Resources
- Fact Sheet: Have You Recently Lost Your Health Insurance?
- ¿Recientemente Has Perdido Tu Seguro Medico?
- DMAS COVID-19 Response
Family Law and Child Welfare
Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Health Insurance ENROLL Virginia! Helpline: (888) 392-5132
- Eviction Legal Helpline: 833-NOEVICT (833-663-8428)
- Predatory Loan Helpline: (866) 830-4501
- Utility Helpline: (804) 313-9363
- SNAP Helpline: (866) 753-7627
FIND YOUR LOCAL LEGAL AID OFFICE: 1-866-LEGLAID
Those who are deaf and/or hard of hearing may call 7-1-1 to reach any of these numbers through Virginia Relay.